Monday, March 12, 2012

Israel - 9 January 2012

I'm twenty-one! When I go home I can drink, yay!

We woke up early to watch the sunrise from our Bedouin tent, grabbed a delicious breakfast, with delicious tea before heading to Masada.

Masada, an ancient fortress, had breathtaking views of the Dead Sea and Jordan. I got yelled at for taking photos while our guide was talking, and then later for waiting to take pictures after our guide was talking (and falling behind).






From Masada we went to the Dead Sea. The sand right at the bank of the water was white. In fact, it was not sand at all; it was salt. Once in the Dead Sea, I finally realized what the fuss was about. I always knew what the Dead Sea was all about, but didn't truly understand until I was floating. My skin felt amazing. Before getting back on the bus, we covered ourselves in mud - living out childhood dreams!


We then went to Tel Aviv and got to our awesome hotel on the beach. We bid farewell to our soldiers in an emotional goodbye, where we exchanged gifts.

Luckily, tonight was our night to go for a night out. We bar hopped, I got drunk and fought with our security guard for yelling at me earlier, and got a little sick when we got back.

What a birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment