Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bhaktapur

*Written 27 July*

Today we went to Bhaktapur. Not much to say, it's too hard to describe. I'll let photos do the trick:

















When we got back, we hung out with Ernie and Hannah, and took them out to a hole in the wall. It was the furthest they've been in Kathmandu on this trip, and the first non-restaurant they ate at. We ate buff chow mein and then headed back to meet up with Graham an Catherine at the New Orleans bar, where Graham paid for our drinks - thanks Graham!! They're all so nice and so funny, each with their own strong personality and a lack of filter (which is always welcome). Apparently I look like Jake Gyllenhal in Jarhead.

I sat around talking to Ernie, Hannah, and the same two British girls from last night. The girls were so damn obnoxious (and drunk), and were hitting on Michael hardcore, but to no avail. The 16 year old told me I was hot (...gross, but thanks?) and the 18 year old wanted to get with Michael. When they found out neither of us were remotely interested, they were pissed that they a) wouldn't get us and b) "wasted time" talking to us. Hannah told them at some point that Michael doesn't drink, so they devised a plan to get him drunk and take advantage of him. I warned Michael. After I had way too much of the drunk bitties, I excused myself for bed, regretting having to leave Ernie and Hannah.

PS - Ten days!

No comments:

Post a Comment