Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Anti-Semitic Cupcake (Day 2 on the TSR)

People in carts outside our window try to sell us all sorts of goods. Not sure where we are, I have taken up my pen.

I like Galina. She's Russian Orthodox with a mix of various other religions, whichever she found beautiful and applicable. She has an affinity for angels and cutting her ice cream come with a knife. An odd woman indeed, her kind ways, creepy smile, and flowerly tea cup will be missed in a few hours. How will we know where we are without our anti-Semitic cupcake? Watching her read a boo about a guy who died twice and came back to life both times, I've decided that she looks like the female gremlin in the aptly named film "Gremlins." The resemblence is uncanny (either that or reading 'Me Talk Pretty One Day' by David Sedaris has warped my mind). But past her gremlin features and hatred of two-thirds of our group, lies a gentle woman - a beauty in her own right.
--------------------------

Galina is gone now, before leaving she gave us random laminations. Karen has one of a random mountain in Canada, Michael has one of Michael the Archangel, and I have one of chakras over a picture of the Statue of David. I'm sure you're left thinking exactly what I was thinking - "WTF?"

I helped her off the train, took a picture of her, and we kissed goodbye. Our church lady gremlin cupcake is gone. Now we're pigging out on cream cheese, cheese, and kilbasa on rye.

Where are we? What time is it? What day is it? Ahh, the Trans-Siberian.


PS - Higher State

No comments:

Post a Comment