Friday, August 10, 2012

Tomorrow, Taiwan


The journeys continue!

After an incredible summer interning at Peace Corps Headquarters and being a freelance photographer for The Washington Blade, I'm getting on a plane out of Philadelphia, headed to Detroit, then to Tokyo, then to Taipei. Yay, 21+ hours of travel! Once in Taiwan, I will be meeting up with Tim Quinn, a friend from high school and GW who is starting graduate school at National Taiwan University. You can follow his blog here. We'll be bouncing around the country together for two weeks, until I return to school.

As a reminder, you can also follow my food blog, Om Nom Culture, which I am likely to update semi-frequently.

It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to Taiwan, but it may be because I've done so little planning. I've purchased the Lonely Planet guide (always a winner), and checked some deets on Taiwan, but I have no idea what to expect! Hopefully I'll spend a few days in Taipei, and I really want to go to Taroko Gorge and Tainan. Other than that, who knows... as long as there's food and interesting people, I'll be happy.

Check back for some mediocre writing and (hopefully) great photographs!

No comments:

Post a Comment